Tuesday, August 30, 2011

STAMP-TEMBER BLOG HOP ~ ANYTHING GOES!!


 HELLO AND WELCOME!!
IT'S STAMP~TEMBER BLOG HOP TIME!!!



The theme for both challenges this week is "ANYTHING GOES".  You can make anything you like … a card, an ATC, a mixed media project … the possibilities are endless!

Here's how our STAMP-TEMBER BLOG HOP works: 


You will need to hop through each blog, find the little parcel of goodies and leave a note on the designer’s blog where you found them. You do not HAVE to comment on all the challenge blogs but we all would really appreciate any comments you would might like to leave! (smile) 

If you lose your way at any time, a full list of all the participating blogs with links will be available on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and the Stamp and Show Challenge blogs.  For more details please refer to either of the challenge blogs linked above.

If you arrived here from Christine Ousley's Blog then you are going in the right direction! Otherwise you need to start at the beginning on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.
  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is my "Anything Goes" Challenge piece for this week!!!

Since Halloween is fast approaching, I decided to create a spooky Halloween Shadowbox using a 7 Gypsies ATC Drawer...turned up on it's end, of course.
To begin, I spray painted the drawer with some flat black spray paint.  I then found some vintage Halloween postcards online and sized them to fit the interior compartments of the drawer.  

Our local stores are already starting to sell out of Halloween stuff so I stocked up on skulls, skeleton hands, pumpkins, skeletons and spiders.  Mixing these elements with my Tim Holtz On The Edge Iron Gate and On the Fence die cuts made a ghoulish but fun Halloween decoration!
The first compartment utilizes two of Tim Holtz' die cuts.  The Iron Gate is located at the top.  I cut it out of plain Grungeboard and colored it using a Silver Paint Dabber.  I pounced the dabber onto the Grungeboard to achieve that rough and weathered metal texture.  When dry, I rubbed Black Soot Distress Ink over the paint to further distress it.  The background in the compartment is from a vintage Halloween post card.  The little sheet music folder titled "Witches' Dance" is one I found online and sized to fit in the space.  I printed it out on white cardstock, cut it out, folded it, inked the edges with Black Soot and glued it into place using Glossy Accents.  The banner across the front of the compartment is from Tim's Tattered Banners die cut.  I cut it out on white cardstock and distressed it with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Stains.  I freehanded the "TRICK OR TREAT" and then distressed the edges of the banner with Black Soot Distress Ink.  Finally, I rubbed Rock Candy Stickles over the entire banner for an even more vintage look.
The next compartment features a Tim Holtz Vial and a "POISON" label from Tim's new Little Labels stamp set.  I dropped a few drops of Fired Brick Reinker into the vial and rolled it around to colorize the glass.  Then I added the label.  The skeleton is a plastic head from Michaels that I colorized using some Espresso Paint from the dabber and rubbing it across the teeth, the nostrils and eye sockets.  Then I rubbed some Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold onto the skull to give it some "umph".  The background is from another vintage Halloween Postcard of a Halloween pumpkin man that I decided would look perfect peering out between the skull and the vial of poison. 
This view of the second compartment show the bottom.  I covered a piece of chipboard with Tim's Hobgoblin Tissue Tape and then distressed it with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks.  I edged the bottom with Black Soot Distress Ink and glued it into place.
 The third compartment features Tim's On the Fence die cut.  I applied Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint.  After it crackled, I added a hint of Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and just a touch of Black Soot Distress Ink.  The background is from another vintage Halloween postcard featuring a skeleton walking through a graveyard.  I put some moss on the "ground".  I had a piece of the Iron Gate die cut from the first compartment left over, so I pounced it with a Silver Paint Dabber and turned it into a headstone.  I then glued the headstone onto the moss on the far side of the compartment so as not to block the view of the skeleton on the background.  I glued the fence into place and then added a couple of pumpkins and a little skeleton head in front.
 The last compartment again had a vintage Halloween Postcard in the background.  I found the little crow and the skeleton's boney hand at Michaels.  Underneath is some orange colored raffia.  Then I wired the bird onto the hand and glued them into place using Glossy Accents.
The top of this piece has three little black "twigs" with some orange sequin type sparkles hot glued underneath an orange and black bow on the left side.  On the right side, I fashioned a flower using three different orange and black Halloween papers.  I cut three of the largest flower from Tim's Tattered Florals die cut.  I distressed the edges with Black Soot.  I glued them together and formed a fluffy flower.  I added a bit of black and orange tinsel garland as a center.  I needed this padding because my skeleton has a boney butt and I needed something for the hot glue to grab on to. (smile)  Then hot glued my skeleton sitting in the flower.  
My skeleton is shackled with a chain and some jump rings as "handcuffs".  I also added a bit more chain and another skull to dangle from the skeleton.  On the left side of the Halloween Shadowbox, I added a black spider ring (minus the ring part) dangling from a white thread.  Finally I added some spider webbing from a purchased package.

What a fun project and a great way to get into the Halloween spirit!! (Pun intended)  This is also going to be a class at Scrapbook Generation on Monday, September 12th from 12 to 5.  So, if you're in the Springfield, MO area ... come take the class with us!!!  Call Scrapbook Generation today to enroll.  There is limited space for this class so call today.  

Now it's your turn to release your creativity and place your entry on our blog!  Remember.... ANYTHING GOES!!! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From here you need to go to the super talented Domi's Blog for more inspiration!  If you'd like to leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from YOU!!





130 comments:

  1. This is a masterpiece Candy, this shadow box reflects this, gorgeous...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've spent a lot of time on your project, it's soo Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your piece is spook-tacular Candy! :) I envy the lucky people who will make this in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Candy, well I don't have to say a darn thing cause you know what I think about your Project, but I will anyway LOL...I JUST LOVE YOUR SPOOKY PROJECT, love everything about it,The colors, the embellies, your skeleton and your poison bottles brrrrrr I am glad that I just had my coffee hehehe...your AMAZING as allways my sweet teamie. Hugs Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much depth and detail. You know I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your scene!!!! It's perfectly ghoulish!
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!! Love halloween! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE halloween Candy and I LOVE this ... so many details ... a delightfully spooky piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Candy,
    Just blog hopping around all your wonderful blogs today, what a gorgeous halloween project you've made, I love everything TH, it's beautiful. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy you WOW"ED me!!! this is so creative, your details are inspiring. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FANTASTIC !!! awesome creation Candy !! I love this ,, soo very spooky !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this... great work in all ways... Halloween is so much fun!!!
    Thanks for sharing... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE this drawer and cannot wait for class, amazing job yet again my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Candy this is awesome so many elements and detail I had to take a second look .Love it
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just AWESOME!!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. We need a Michaels in the UK Candy, you can get hold of so much more Halloween goodies than we can. Love your piece, the inspired use of the dies, the postcards the embellishments. So much thought into this inspired piece. Love it. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Candy, I'm just drooling again. I should put a plastic cover on my keyboard before I stop over at your blog - LOL. This is so totally fabulous right down to the tiniest detail! I can't tell you what I love best because I love EVERYTHIING. I am such a sucker for vintage Halloween and you have created a stunning example. As always, thanks so much for sharing your step by step details - one of the things I love most about coming here!

    Hope you are enjoying the hop!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great project, love it. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous halloween decor. Love the attention to detail. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so amazing! So much details I kept looking and looking. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow !!though we in india do not celebrate halloween....but i'm loving all d feel of it !!blogging does bind us together....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this piece.. (love Halloween too especially the old Scottish traditional version).. this has loads of very cool touches ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous!! Just so you know, 2 of the pix aren't showing up though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this project for halloween is super gorgeous.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! This is such an awesome creation! YOu have such an eye for detail and everything goes so well together...Very spooky end results!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really cool shadowbox! Love the cemetery scene and also the way you turned the iron fence upside down. Bette

    ReplyDelete
  27. Always so much detail in your work. This is just incredible! Love all the elements you added to it! I am also doing a Config. box but with a Christmas theme. I may have to lift your banner idea and mine need a little something and was going to use trim but love this!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow!! what a lot of work you've put into this Spooky but fantastic creation. It's Stunning.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG this is sooooo cool! I love it all! Great job lady!!
    Hugs, Heidi Brawley

    ReplyDelete
  30. Spooky! So clever. Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us. I'm off, hopping, hopping...

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are all set for Halloween now with this clever fun packed decor.Great job. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, wow, wow! Another fabulous spooky project! Terrific details!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks like this blog hop isn't going to be much fun after all. Most of the time Blogger isn't letting me sign in as me, some blogs don't have an anonymous setting, and then many pictures are appearing as red x's. Sigh. But the pictures I can see are just too wonderful for words!
    opossumqueen1955@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG! This is fantastic! I absolutely adore your work! Thanks so much for sharing & for your amazing inspiration.
    Pam
    panuttingatgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is super cool! I love the vertical orientation as well as all of the spooky stuff filling the nooks and crannies. Your class will be a sell-out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your Halloweenproject. Here in Holland we don't do Halloween that much, but I wish we did now I see this.
    Hugs,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous Candy!! It's great.. there's so much detail and love put into this piece. great great work!

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow alot of detail...great project

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG this is a must have I am a huge Halloween lover and wow wow wow!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Candy you have made a lovely Halloween project here. Thanks for sharing. Off to look at the other creations in the Blog Hop. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing creation!
    Love every detail!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  42. WoWeE! Your project is so neat! I just love all the tiny elements that you have made a huge part of you piece! TFS.

    XoXo,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a fantastic project! This is absolutely great! Love it and so much effort has been put into it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Spectacular artwork!!!!!!!! The detail is Outstanding!!! Superb and amazing!!!!!
    Hugz of thanks

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, gorgeous project Candy! I love the cobwebs and the spooky fence!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello Love! You are so super welcome! I love what you create! Your projects really do inspire me!!! I wish I would have been a follower of yours earlier. I just moved from Springfield, MO about 6 months ago. I am now in STL. It would have been nice to craft with you!

    XoXo,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  47. Candy - you must have had a total blast with this project! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Absolutely stunning.Shame some of photos arent loading.Thansk for showcasing
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love this! I love halloween so that could be why I love this or it could be that it is spooktacular!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Candy - you must have had a total blast with this project! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  51. OMG what an amazing project, it is absolutely fantastic. Thank you for your inspiration and I am now a follower.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hiya, fantastic creation, so many details to look at. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow stunning project! Love all the details, except that creepy spider! :) Hugs Meadie x x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Another amazing halloween creation!

    ReplyDelete
  55. This project is absolutely amazing! The lucky ones who take this class will be blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  56. das sieht ja klasse aus
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  57. halloween is my favorite holiday and your piece has set the tone

    ReplyDelete
  58. That's an awesome Halloween box. Very creepy things you used inthere. I love it!! xxx Marianne MW

    ReplyDelete
  59. great halloween decor, thanks for the inspirat

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a great Halloween project, love that skeleton. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  61. OMG totally awesome, so much detail, so spooky and just fabulous
    Hugs Kate xx
    Thanks for the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oooooh very spooky ! Love it !

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wonderful Halloween,, terrorific...

    ReplyDelete
  64. Fantastic project, so much work. TFS Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  65. This is amazing! The faux spider webs really add that eery effect!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Lots of fun spookiness here! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Spooky! I love all the different elements.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow, love your Halloween shadowbox!Amazing detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Absolutely stunning project, this is awesome, love it
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love your Halloween art, it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi Candy, what a lot of hard work gone into this fab spooky project! Absolutely fabulous!!! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  72. I love your project!!...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. AMAZING!!Just stunning love all the elements and the way youve combined them together to create this fantastic Halloween display.
    Thanks for popping by my blog hope to see you again soon
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  74. What a fab creation Candy - it is just oozing with Halloween vibes. I just love these rich Autumnal tones and my fave bit is Mr Skeleton's sticky out footy - how handy yet cheeky is that! Enjoy the hop!
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  75. What a gorgeously detailed spooky halloween project. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Absolutely amazing creation and what a wonderful talent you have.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  77. Amazing way to transform a "drawer". Love all the scary details.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love this so much! What a great attention to details. It must have been a blast to create!

    ReplyDelete
  79. This project is really amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hi Wow what a super spooky creation. So many cool details and isdeas for us to try ! Thanks Kitty ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  81. Wow. So much detail has gone into this shadow box. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Wow this is a stunning creation for Halloween. Such amazing detail. Hugs Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  83. Nicely done. Love all the little extra touches that bring it up-elegant yet very spooky

    ReplyDelete
  84. What a great hop and fabulous creations from all the DT members
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  85. Love this! I so want to take this class, but it's a bit of a drive from AZ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Oh wow, this is a truly piece of art!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Oooh this is so clever - and very gothic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  88. This is spookilicious! I love all your details you have added and your pictures are gorgesous! Wowzers so many details! I could look at this all day, I just want to get my hands on it! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Spooky, Great Halloween project. I'm more into the cute Halloween but my 15 yr. old granddaughter would love this! You can tell you put a lot of thought and time and creativity into this project :O)

    ReplyDelete
  90. What a lot of details. Awesome and very scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Such creativity! I love how you turned this on its side and made something totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Wow, lots of little details! Very spooky...:)

    ReplyDelete
  93. The work you put into this is phenomenal. It really is a work of art.

    BTW--thanks for including the pun in your post. I love a good pun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  94. Poo...Gorgeous and original;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  95. Just love your Halloween piece Candy.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  96. Wow...your work is soo crazy! I love it. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Another fantastically altered box, you are amazingly talented, i love it. hugs heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  98. A great Halloween creation...
    all the details.. perfect!!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  99. Wonderful spooky creation Candy - and what a brilliant blog hop! Thanks so much to Simon Says Stamp & SSS & Show for such brilliant challenges and prizes every week - they reallya re the best!
    I have entered my card for the challenge which is on my blog here - and am just off for a marathon hippety-hop!
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  100. Wow Candy, this is a brilliant project with amazing details, looove it!

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  101. Fantastic piece, Candy! So clever to turn that drawer and use it for 3D art. LOVE it. The skeleton perched on top is my fave of the many amazing parts!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Triple WOW!!! Unbelieveble and downright spooky, love it!! Even with the spiderwebs, wow, this is a creative genius at work........:))
    TFS and lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  103. great project. couple of the pix not showing but could be a blogger glitch!
    kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete
  104. This is stunning! Really fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  105. this is reayl cool greats tanja

    ReplyDelete
  106. oh wow! i so want that for my house for halloween!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  107. This is just absolutely OVER-THE-MOON fantastic!!! WOW, WOW, and WOW!
    You really outdid yourself here, girl.
    This must have gone up when I was sick...how did I miss it????
    Anyway, I LOVE it!
    Outstanding,

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  108. can anyone say AMAZING....wow is right, this project is spooktacular...thanks so much for time to took to leave such sweet comments on my blog..i truly appreciate it..www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  109. wow. Wow. WOW!!! This is a great project and I love that you provided padding for your poor bony skeleton! :) so glad to have found you through this very fun blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  110. Candy
    this is AMAZING! what a spooky and oh so clever Halloween box. the details are truly amazing - and so is your ART!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!