Tuesday, April 19, 2011

GRUNGY MONDAY CHALLENGE

Hello again! Here is my GRUNGY MONDAY CHALLENGE tag for this week's challenge....Texture Fades and Distress!!
This started out to be a Steampunk dress form but when I cut out the bird cage die, it was bigger than I wanted it to be.  (I'm still waiting for my mini birdcage die to come!)  
 So, I switched gears from Steampunk to Debutante!
The background is done using Fired Brick and the brick texture fade.  Then I distressed the bricks with Vintage Photo.  I used the cardboard "stencil" that was created when I cut out the dress form and stenciled a "shadow" behind the dress form with Black Soot.  Then I inked around the edges of the tag with Black Soot.

The dress form bodice is made from canvas that is distressed with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  The "metal" base if a mixture of Pewter and Silver embossing powders. 

I gathered two strips of bright gold tulle and tied around the dress form.  I cut out 7 roses from my Maya Road Organza Rose Ribbon and sprayed them with Fired Brick and Sunflower Sparkle spray.  Then I hot glued the roses onto the tulle skirt.  I finished off the dress with a Fired Brick sash made from spraying some white Hug Snug.  The scarf around the neck is a piece of Hug Snug that was sprayed with bright yellow Glimmer Mists and then I attached another rose.
 The button card is a stamp is a Red Lead stamp.  I distressed it in Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Black Soot.  I colored a button with a red colored pencil and added Glossy Accents to all of the buttons on the card so that they would have some dimension.
The Spool Labels are from Tim Holtz' new Haberdashery stamp set. I distressed them with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  The one label looked torn on the stamp, so I tore it in those areas as I was cutting it out.  I mounted the labels on chipboard that I distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Stain.  I thought it really made them look more like labels that were still attached to a spool.
Hope you guys are having a wonderful day!  I've been playing all morning...so it's been a GOOD DAY!

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow Candy your tag is totally awesome. Such fabulous work my friend am in awe. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cute and quirky at the same time, great fun and it all works very well.
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job, Candy! I wish I could sit there and watch you make something...step by step! Thank you for sharing again! Have a great evening!
    Hugs,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Candy, love that dress form, and that button card stamp is to die for! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Your tag is so cool. I love the shadow you created and those labels fooled me. They look totally like some old ones I have.Your brick background looks terrific. Glad you had fun...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous Candy. I love your tulle dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Candy... love the stamped spool labels too...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving how you dressed the mannequin :D looks fit for the ball

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag! I love all the details on it. Have fun at Ranger U!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Candy .. The way you have dressed the dress form is just simply beautiful, love the gold tulle & red roses, a ball gown fit for a prom queen:) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my gosh, this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! This is stunning & so inspiring Candy! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, love that red and the flowers and tulle are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swithing gears really paid off. Your tag is fantastic and your attention to the details is a joy!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!