Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A PERSONAL VETERANS' DAY NOTE...

I don't usually post a lot of personal writings on my blog but I felt compelled to post a picture of my sweet father who was so proud of his military service. He served in the United States Navy during WWII as a radio man and a gunner in the Pacific. He flew 51 missions in and around the Phillippines. He passed away in May 2001 and took a piece of my heart with him. He was a gifted artist; however because he had a wife and two little mouths to feed, he never realized his dream of really doing something with his amazing talent.

So, Daddy...I want you to know that I'm living my dream and I'm taking yours along with me!
And thank you to all those brave men and women who serve in our Armed Forces and fight for our freedoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!